Monday, August 2, 2004

Thoughts

Music: Annie Capps
Book: NICE

Cure DuChenne benefit was last night. Smaller attendance than last year but still a good showing of supporters from start to finish. Chadly Koppenhaver and I did a stripped down version of my songs with him on jdimbe (spelling???) and me on acoustic guitar. It felt so right. The songs were simple but ridiculously full and energized. If he's available and up for it, we might continue to book some more shows of this nature. Fall is very scattered as far as concerts go so I'll spend some time straightening that out this week. Oh, and California is looking solid for touring this winter.

On a side note: I've been pondering the different music vibes from city to city. Some are really laid back and others are just vibrant. The mix is a good thing though because I feel it influences the way I play and perform; I adjust to the audience. This also gives me an opportunity to explore "old" songs in new ways.