Thursday, April 22, 2004

Better morning

Music: Flutterby by Butterfly Boucher
Book: Face - Dean Koontz

The rain has washed away (rather violently) part of my garden so I'll have to do some damage control this evening and repair. I swear to god these flowers better be PRETTY or I'm buying silk ones next year and faking it! I hate playing in the dirt. I just finished the USA Today ("gives new depth to the word shallow" - hee hee, love that quote) and am starting koontz next. I received Butterfly Boucher's CD in the mail yesterday afternoon and it's great. What's most astonishing is that she played every instrument, wrote every song and arranged absolutely EVERY SINGLE THING on the album. I find that very inspiring. Plus...it's a damn good listen! Currently I'm enjoying a Red Tea from the republic of tea collection - tasty and relaxing. I have a beautiful bouquet of flowers right next to my computer and just finalized another gig for my "west" tour in June. After a bit of telephone tag I was able to reach my grandmother last night in Necedah for a brief catch up chat. I'm truly out of sorts if I don't speak to her every so often. Now I'm off to read.

P.S. Because so many of you have sent nice little notes and inquiries about my right arm hairline fracture...it's healing nicely. I haven't played the guitar since my last show and still no yoga, but I'll be 100% soon and back to writing songs. Thanks for your kind thoughts and words...