Sunday, April 11, 2004

Ashland & Easter

Music: Heather Nova - Storm
Book: White Teeth

A long drive through Minnesota and Wisconsin brought me to the absolutely charming establishment known as the Black Cat Coffeehouse. After an initial scare when a patron told me my eyes were so pretty he wanted to pluck them out and take them home, I ordered dinner and a latte while checking out the very cool music room! Initially there was a small group but the room quickly filled. Everyone stayed through the night and we closed down the venue. I must admit it was a little sad to leave. If you play acoustic anything, I highly recommend contacting Jen Chen at the Black Cat for a booking...I hope to return this summer.

The drive home was long and lonely especially since today is Easter so even gas stations closed down last night around 10PM. I stayed awake hoping the gas would hold out and a bathroom would appear somewhere between Duluth and Minneapolis. All is well now, I arrived back home safe but tired and now we're going to plan on a quiet night at home.

Oh and I just bought Melissa Ferrick's 70 people @ 7000 feet, her live disc. So far, great listen!