Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Alarm bells

Music: none
Book: USA Today

I woke up to alarm bells this morning. Not my alarm clock but my motion sensor security system. Mr. Manager set it before I was even awake. Odd. Anyway, after the animals calmed down I took my dog on a freezing cold walk. I've spent the morning on the internet being unproductive but at least I know what the weather is like in Memphis. Booking calls have been strange this morning. No yes no or maybe to report only things like "I'm off to a carpool, I'll call you back at 4:45pm"..."My husband took the booking calendar to work by mistake" Or "What day is it? Bad morning...can you call back tomorrow?...oh and we really liked your cd". As I said: weird. It's as if everyone is having a scattered day. I've found that some days have better booking karma than others so if it looks bad, just stop right then and begin again the next day. On the flip side though, if things are running smoothly and the phones get answered, the response is positive and the calendar is filling up - then you must continue until you drop. Just my experience of course... Today, however, is a new one...I think I'll stick it out.