Thursday, May 6, 2004

MECA

Music: Billy Pilgrim - Bloom
Book: Digital Fortress - Dan Brown

Billy Pilgrim is the one band I am dying to see play live...well...before I die. Anyone know if they tour? Beautiful music and quirky harmonies...not to mention catchy tunes are just stock piled into this 13 song disc. I just loved it from my first listen in college!

"Buried at Sea" was a great chase/mystery of a read. I recommend it for vacation reading, perhaps by the beach or definitely while sailing if you enjoy the water and don't get seasick. I'm going to spin the audio CD of Romeo & Juliet on my car ride to Des Moines for tomorrow night's show at Java Joe's. It's been a while since I've dug into a Shakespeare tragedy...and listening to the BBC version in the middle of the night on a strange, spooky highway sounds better than a horror flick on Halloween.

I'm picking up my 12-string Gibson from the Podium tomorrow morning after many repairs and a bunch of TLC...should be exciting. Let's see, other than that, I'm mailing bills, having my blotchy lawn soil tested to see how I can make it beautiful and I'm caving in this evening to watch the Friends finale. Call me crazy.

And finally, after much debate and confusion I WILL be playing the MECA music conference in Chicago next weekend, May 15th at Gunther Murphys on Belmont with the Katie Todd Band. Come on down if you're in the neighborhood. Fun fun fun!www.gunthermurphys.com (I'm not on the calendar yet as we confirmed yesterday)www.katietodd.com