Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I've been lucky in my life: food to eat and bed to sleep at night

Music: Billy Pilgrim
Book: Sushi (with 10 pages to go) & Jade Island

Last night I laughed my tushy off at Van Helsing the movie. Sad part being of course that it wasn't supposed to be a funny movie. At least Kate Beckensale was pretty to look at. I'm thinking of going to see Shrek tonight just to wash away last night's vision of gothic messiness.

This afternoon I saw a man brushing his teeth in a public drinking fountain...I guess there's a first time for everything.

My fingers are still number from playing so much but I've been tinkering here and there to bleed out a few more songs from the road.

Ani Difranco said it best:

"How can I go home with nothing to say
And know you're going to look at me that way
You'll say girl you kicked some butt
I'll say I don't really remember
But my fingers are sore and my voice is too"