Monday, July 25, 2005

Escanaba & cake

Music: none
Book: The Historian

My weekend was actually very enjoyable. I had a brief scare on Saturday night when I opened the front door to find my INDOOR cat staring at me from the outside of the porch. Ahhh! Turns out she slipped through the garage and walked straight to the front door to be let back inside - at my parents house. Smart cat, but it terrified me to tears even though she was only outside about 60 seconds. My mother joined me for the trip to Escanaba's 8th Street CoffeeHouse which was delightful. The trip went fast and the evening truly rewarding. Escanaba has such a devoted music community that the audience was full of bodies and very responsive. I hope to go back this fall - probably late September or early October. In wedding news, we settled on a delicious Butter Almond Pound Cake with White Chocolate filling and a buttercream/fondant icing. Tasty. Also we checked off the music for ceremony and reception and are 99% decided on flowers and decorations. Cool. Most vendors said we could change our minds up until the end of December. I thought that was insane! Why revisit this??? You liked it once, why not stick with it and save time? Bizarre. Well, now we're back in Minneapolis and I have a radio music interview set up for 1pm Eastern/12 noon Central on Wednesday, July 27th for an Escanaba station. Most Minnesota folks won't be able to tune in, but I'll be thinking about you. My back is tingling from the driving range my father and I hit on Sunday. Yes it was 100 plus degrees outside, but worth the heat. We had a blast!