Monday, July 11, 2005

Hello

Music: Nirvana
Book: Talking Money by Jean Chatzky

I've been reading up on investing, but have been amazed with the lack of anything but common sense information out there. I'm looking for investment strategies and analysis, but I've weeded through three books whose focus is mainly on how to get out of credit card debt. What if you don't believe in credit card debt? Supposedly, if you believe in astrology, cancers (those born under the July sun in the moon of Capricorn yadda yadda) freak out about debt and can't function in the absence of a security savings account. That's me to a "t". So, I was hoping to broaden my horizons in the field of finance, but all I've really done is become scared to death for every single one of those 90 million Americans who haven't saved a dime - at all. For college. For buying a house. For retirement. For anything. Just a bunch of people living paycheck to paycheck buried under $33K in debt. Freaky.

I'm tired of the sun. Would love a good thunderstorm...hopefully Zeus will accommodate me later on tonight. Didn't write any music this week. Odd.