Tuesday, March 2, 2004

Grrrr...

This morning my dog Sweetie Pie and I went out for a little stroll in the drizzle. Happily minding our own business we suddenly heard a bark from across the street. There was a rather large german sheperd mix anxiously trying to say hello to my doggy, tail wagging and practically dancing it's way around the sidewalk. My tiny, 10 lbs dog lifted her head and wagged her tail without saying a word. Then the other dog's owner hit his own dog right across the face to stop his barking. I yelled that it was okay so the dogs could say hi, we weren't scared or upset but he just hit the dog again and again about 4 times quickly on the head - with the dog still barking and frantically trying to get to my Sweetie (or simply to escape his abusive bastard owner). So my dog started barking and the owner wouldn't even acknowledge me so I grabbed my dog and turned down an alley out of sight from the German Sheperd so he'd stop barking and the owner would hopefully stop hitting the poor pup. What an asshole! I wish I could have done more, but I'm not sure what would have kept the dog(s) safe or prevented the owner from getting angrier.

How horrible to even contemplate hurting an animal. In the next life, that jerk is probably coming back as a dung beetle. Grrrr....