Monday, September 15, 2003

Monday morning

I think that no matter what you do with your life, in your life or because of your life (job, lack of job, student - whatever) Monday mornings still act as a hurdle to jump over before enjoying the week. When I was waitressing in Chicago during college, Monday mornings were delightful. I woke up late, went to class, took a nap and then worked my ass of at Pete's waiting tables. Maybe I react well to physical labor? Who knows...my point is that Monday's are getting strange for me. No reason, just strange.

I'm working with a playwright from New York here in Minneapolis on a fellowship while creating his play. I've been asked to collaberate, musically speaking. I'm thrilled and completely challenged (that sounds like I need therapy or special ed doesn't it?) Regardless, I'm excited. I've never done anything like this before - writing for another artistic venue...soundtrack for a movie, songs for a play...it just sounds so specific and powerful. Hopefully everyone can be patient with me while I figure out how to be an artist for someone else, better yet, how to work with another artist than just to be one on my own. Nonsense writing today, I'm sorry.

Mr. Manager and I went to see Conjure One and Delirium last night at the Quest. Blahk. Very disappointing. There was a band in the background and a singer up front (for both bands) but they remained separate entities on stage. Never connecting, or even acknowledging each other's existence. Odd. I stayed until about 11pm and then took off because it was bad and boring and some couple in front of us had obviously double dosed on ecstasy so my limbs were in danger of being clobbered.