Tuesday, September 2, 2003

Back to School

I heard through the grapevine that it's back to school time for Minneapolis. Who knew? Personally, I'd rather have my freedom and the time to read anything and everything I want than be cooped up all day in a classroom. Education is readily available if you just put the effort into looking.

"The Red Tent" by Anita Diamant is extremely quick. Time frames, stories and characters kind of explode into the scene...not like any book I've read in a while. Women and their purpose in life (per the book/Bible) become a fascinating study the more I look into it. I wonder what other books are out there concerning female interpretations of biblical events. Anyone believe Mary Magdelane wrote a gospel? Something to think about...

This weekend I spent some time on my lawn, trying to plant bulbs before a frost so that I have pretty flowers in the spring. We'll see how it goes. My puppy and I went walking around the neighborhood this weekend. Kinda fun and low key.

Didn't write any songs this weekend, but I played a lot...a LOT! Fingers hurt but I'll recover.