Monday, November 11, 2002

Nuptials

I survived Shania Twain...actually the wedding was extraordinary: beautiful, elegant, simple and fabulousy fun. I haven't seen such a party since my sister's wedding last year. The bride and groom couldn't take their eyes off each other and I'm so glad I was able to be a part of their special day. Love doesn't even begin to describe those two : )

I did, however, over indulge in the Jack Daniels and even found myself with a cigarette in hand several drinks into the party. Ugh...I had a blast, but I definitely paid for it on Sunday morning. Luckily, I found myself the greasiest Tex Mex breakfast North of San Jose and took it easy for the rest of the day. I gave Mr. Manager his Christmas gift early...he begged, I folded. Kinda fun though. I guess I'm just prolonging the holiday season.

I'm currently reading "Royal Babylon" by Karl Shaw: every little piece of dirt concerning European royalty since the 16th century. I'm completely entertained. Next is re-reading "Harry potter: Chamber of Secrets"; I have to refresh my brain before Friday's premiere. Then, I just heard about Patricia Cornwell's (sp?) new book, a non-fiction forensic case study of solving the Jack the Ripper mystery. Sounds fascinating and she's getting rave reviews.