Monday, July 19, 2004

Schtuff

Music: The Cure
Book: Monkeewrench - P.J. Tracey

Great book on it's own but extra cool because it's set in Minneapolis about two blocks away from my house. I love that stuff. I'm more than a bit excited about my 7th Street Entry show this weekend: Saturday Night, with Jen Porter and Ember Swift. Woo Hoo!!!! Come one, come all, it's going to be fabulous. Tix are $5, small price to pay for some stellar music. After that I'm going to read "So you wanna be a rock and roll star" by Jacob Slighter of SemiSonic. I've heard nothing but goodness about the book. Friday night is a big deal in Northeast Minneapolis as the Spot Art organization is highlighting the work of my favorite local photographer, Dan Corrigan. Also, playing at Mayslacks at 9:30pm on Friday is Damascus Mile - fun, loud band. I'll be out and about enjoying the blazing Twin Cities music/art community.