Thursday, October 30, 2003

In The Cut

I just heard an advertisment for a movie called "In the Cut" and thought...as in Susanna Moore's amazing erotic thriller 'In The Cut'???? And it IS!!! A few years ago, someone left the book at an "L" stop on a bench or something when I was still in Chicago. The cover looked interesting, so I read the back and then decided to take in a few pages. The book was finished by 5pm! I loved this book, I do wonder how it will translate to the silver screen though, just because a lot of the great writing was internal dialogue if I remember correctly. Maybe I'll pick up the book tonight and re-read it before going to see the movie tomorrow. Sometimes Hollywood impresses me...

Once again, I'm trying to reconcile my travels with studio time and availability. Even if it kills me I promise to get my next CD out before summer.