Thursday, June 2, 2005

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

Music: hattie peterson
Book: Realm of Shadows - terrible book, great story.

I'm in window hell. In December we broke a doubel pane window of glass on the first floor. In December. Do you know how hard it is to have a broken window in the middle of winter? We got it fixed within 12 hours, but that's a long, COLD time without barriers between people and the elements. Then I was swatting a fly with a book. Dumb I know, but a few months ago I was chasing after it and getting so frustrated that when he finally landed I smacked him...and the window he was perched on. Breaking another pain of glass. Two days ago I was downtown Minneapolis and some kid smashed the rear windshild of my car. Just shattered. Cops could have cared less too. By the time they showed up, with the accident report all filled out - they policeman got out of his car, handed me the case number and got right back in his cruiser to drive away. Unreal. Not exactly intense police business I understand but I didn't even get 60 seconds worth of my tax dollars. So, now I've spent the past two days with some Ford Autoglass people who can't seem to find the right glass replacement. Thankfully, I haven't been breaking mirrors, but with my luck...it might as well have been.

I need a vacation. But instead, my doggie Sweets and I are heading home to my parents house over the weekend to work on wedding planning. You're all jealous I know. Sigh.