Monday, May 2, 2005

Show this Friday

Music: Mudvayne
Book: Divine Evil - Roberts

Yes, it's true...I'm listeneing to Mudvayne. I was first introduced to them, literally, in person. They are apparently huge fans of the Indigo Girls. So when they played a sold out show at First Ave two years ago...they came down to listen to the music and get a picture with the legendary folk ladies. Mr. Manager and I hung out for a bit while we all had a beverage. Quiet guys. Anyway, Mr. Manager has worked with them a slew of times and has nothing but good things to say. Recently, I've found myself hooked on their hit song, "Happy?". I'm planning on an acoustic cover at a future show. Which brings me to the reason for my post. Chadly's wife, Barabara, is a musician as well and asked us (Mr. Percussion & I )to open for her at E. P. Atelier this Friday night. We'll only do a quick 30 minute set, but I'm really looking forward to it. You see, Barbara Meyer has the voice of a large gospel baritone stuck in the body of the world's tiniest white woman. It's a delight to listen to her enormous, ballsey voice AND this weekend, she is playing all her own creations. So, I must confess to being overly excited about taking the role of audience member for a change but we're still geeked about playing back at Atelier. *smile* I fear it will stop snowing and turn 75 degrees the moment we hit the stage driving everyone outside to enjoy the weather BUT you'll be missing out if you don't stop downtown Minneapolis this Friday night. And next week, we're back at Coffee Hag in Mankato...without Jana - we'll be missing a regular. Hopefully Brad and Girlfriend (sorry I don't knew her name) can hold down the fort.