Thursday, October 7, 2004

It's official this year sucks

Music: NPR
Book: Dark Highlander - Karen Marie Moning

Moning writes hot, steaming romance novels - fabulous reading. Hedonistic pleasure at its best. In other news: many songs have been written these past few weeks and I'm feeling a bit melancholy about letting them go. That's okay every once in a while. Also, my bank account is sad news.

So far in 2004 my water heater went in March then I got squirrels in my attic around April, July I started looking for a new boiler and low and behold it went bad in September so I had asbestos removed on Monday and the new boiler goes in on October 19th. (Not to mention the ankle injury over Labor Day Weekend - and my numerous trips to the vet with my sick dog Sweetie Pie) And THEN last night I heard a strange rattling in my engine when I idled, which goes away in park, so I took it to my friendly Ford dealer and found out my transmission fluid needs replacing as does my power steering, the right headlight is out and they haven't pinpointed the rattling but it doesn't look good. I swear 2005 can't come fast enough. Touring is the only thing making me smile. So in a nutshell: I wanted to thank everyone for buying CDs (because it keeps me out of bankruptcy) and especially for coming out to see my shows as I roam about the country. When all is lost, we still have hope.