Saturday, December 20, 2003

Music

For quite some time, I've had callouses on my left hand fingertips...compliments of the Taylor guitar. But this week has created callouses on my callouses and now I've split my fingers open. Possibly a combination of cold and dry and snow and song, but a strange part of me feels like Jimi Hendrix. Rock star...woo hoo!

I've written 6 or 7 complete new songs and fragements of a dozen others. This poses an interesting question - do I record them in January or not? I usually like to settle into a song by playing it at least 500 times and most of those times live by the way. However, new songs bring an excitement so unique that it's hard to stay away from them. Hence, the bloody broken fingertips. Subsonsciously I believe I'm trying to play the new songs 500 times all in one week to make them fair game for CD number four. I'm weird...I know.

I might have fuond a drummer and Mr. Possible Bass Player is stopping by the afternoon for an audition. Fun.