Tuesday, December 9, 2003

Kyle, Kyle and more Kyle

I didn’t want to come back. Returning to Minneapolis was the hardest thing to do. Kyle Vincent, LIVE, is beyond description. Who would have thought it was possible to fall in love at first sight? Because I did…I fell in love with his songs, his voice. His music is love to me. If you check into my web journal you know that I caught a glimpse of Kyle in Boston at NEMO back in September and immediately ordered every CD he composed because my first impression of the performance was breathtaking…and I was right.

My heart is, as most of you know, already owned and operated by Mr. Manager, so there’s no room for anyone else. But the strange thing about music is that it opens up the spirit and makes your heart bigger. Do you believe in past lives or souls that keep meeting up over and over again regardless of time or circumstance? I have always believed, or better yet, known. There have been people who seem familiar before a handshake or even a hello. Kyle is one of those souls. He and I both joked about being long lost siblings. I even called my parents to double check if there was a secret love child, possibly missing for 20-some years. No such luck…I can still hope though.

Every night, hearing Kyle play, feeling him sing, I just radiated happiness. For 3 nights straight I didn’t get more than 4 hours of sleep per night because I was still high from the music. Kyle is a drug. All of you lucky bastards in Pittsburg get to see his show tonight. I hate you. I want to be with you. Monday was a vacation day so he rested while I drove back to Minnesota. Through rain and snow I constantly fought the urge to turn the car around and follow him to the next show. Opening for him was lovely, but hearing him play is religious. I played ‘Solitary Road’, his newest release about 7 times back to back to back on the drive home and I still want more.

If Kyle didn’t have a cat, a rabbit and a girlfriend, I’d kidnap him and keep him safe and sound in a spare bedroom, or I’d build him a studio and shower him with presents so that he would sing for me. Visitors could come and listen of course because it would be selfish and wrong to stifle his genius, but I want him closer, I want him here, I want his music to be mine. Go see his shows, go hear his voice and experience his music – you will be forever changed for the better.

Yes, I’m insane. What do you expect after having a spiritual ZEN moment?! An epiphany! I’m only human. Kyle’s the god. It sounds surreal…like propaganda…can it be true? Yes. Yes. Yes, it’s true and it gets better. His ‘people’ are tremendous workers – they define the meaning of support!

Carolyn – goddess of merchandise. Thank you for all of your help. Kyle is blessed to have you around. I wish I could have said good bye one more time.

Candy – lovely to meet you. Thanks for all your help and cooperation. I am now determined to visit Nebraska.

Carl – (does anyone else sense a theme?) I suspect you gave me a very, VERY generous music tip at the fabulous Case bar, the Barking Spider. You hot piece of yummy construction….don’t change and rock on with your music.

I need to rest. I need to write music. I need to listen to Kyle Vincent again….