Thursday, July 3, 2003

Books

I've neglected my guitar this week in favor of books. Binne's Kirshenbaum's "Pure Poetry" is waiting to be read right after I finish Pat Conroy's "The Lords of Discipline". Most of my reading this past month has been sporadic and bizarre. Stories have simply captured every ounce of my attention to the exclusion of the rest of my life. Even my dog has suffered. I wrote a song last weekend that I haven't played since committing it to paper. I'm not sure if that's slacking or not. Perhaps I was just in need of a brief rest before my weekend gigs. As you already know...2 shows, Friday and Saturday night at Keegan's Irish Pub in NorthEast Minneapolis by Biblio and Bobinos on University. Could be interesting if you feel like ditching the relatives for a few hours of liquor and lyrics. My parents are coming into town for the show on Friday night. It'll be nice to visit with them before I head overseas. Have a safe and happy holiday weekend.