Thursday, January 2, 2003

Sex and the City

Does anybody else love watching that HBO show? I can't get enough of it. However, someone lent me the book because I'm addicted to the DVD's and I have to say I hate it. It's completely and utterly depressing! Maybe I'm not in the right frame of mind, but I'm so disheartened just imagining what these people live like. I guess Sarah Jessica Parker is just a fabulous actress who can make life interesting without seeming crass, but the book is making me cry. Being a weirdo though, I can't stop reading it. Once begun...a book must be finished. Thankfully I picked up "Con Men and Cutpurses: scenes from the Hogarthian underworld" which is my next literary escape.

Switching topics completely, I want to visit New Orleans again. To be honest, I'd actually like to live there. I know I have Anne Rice in the back of my head and all the romance of the French Quarter clouding my vision, but I had a glorious time there and I'd love to go back...maybe Valentine's Day...

Oh and I'm currently ironing out details for the East Coast tour in late winter, early spring. Fun fun fun!