Thursday, March 17, 2005

Books, books and more books

Music: none
Book: The Bride's Essential Wedding Planner

Are you laughing your butt off at my reading selection today? I am. Never would have thunk.

Anyway, I have good news all around. I roomed with two girls at Northwestern University with the same name - spelled differently of course. Sheri (spelled with an "e") just found out she's expecting and due this September. Shari (spelled with an "a") just found out her novel went through a bidding auction and was won by Doubleday/Random House and will be published and released in spring of 2006. Yey! How fabulous is that? I'm so excited for everyone. I'm booking more shows for summer 2005. April and May might be a bit slow for gigs but I have some personal travel to do and little time to play music - let's call it a brief gig hiatus (6 weeks or so). Plus it's a good time to write songs and contemplate that acoustic xmas album I've been kicking around for a while.