Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Sorry

Music: Kathleen Wilhoite - Shiva
Book: Winner of the National Book Award - by Jincy Willett

I've been awfully lax in my journal reports as of late. Maybe I'm settling into laziness. Seems you can't be busy and lazy at the same time though...at least not in my world. "Winner of the National Book Award" is a refreshingly sarcastic and brilliant novel about twin sisters who couldn't be more opposite and the people who write about them. Not since Binnie Kirshenbaum have I become so instantly enamoured of any writer. Willet is wonderful.

Snow to come in the Twin Cities all week, which I find delightful. What's the point of living in this climate unless you get snow to accompany the cold?! My Seattle sister comes to visit tomorrow and we're spending 4 straight days pampering ourselves into stupidity. Quelle Beau temps huh?

I have a basket of half finished songs begging for completion but for some reason I'm ignoring them in favor of the next new song verse or chord progression. Odd...I'll finish them eventually, but this is a new stage for me.

I purchased a glorious pillowtop bed this week and I can't seem to stay out of it. The mattress just calls to me and then I fall asleep instantly. It's marvelous, but of course, the honeymoon can't last forever; my days must be filled with something other than napping *smile* but not today!