Monday, November 29, 2004

Back in Minneapolis

Music: NPR
Book: none

Friday night was awful in Appleton. Good intentions, but a weird night. The copper rock is a great venue, good food, friendly service, but the patrons talk. I mention this because I feel the need to apologize for those of you who drove down to the show only to have your ears buzz from the other half of the audience. People listened on and off, but talked the whole damn night. Hard work and not a fun show for anyone. As an artist if you cover Green Day or Avril maybe this is the venue for you.

Saturday night was a surprising treat however. The road to Escanaba (41 then M35) is treacherous at best but worth the drive. Rain, sleet and mists accompanied me and my father up to Michigan from Green Bay and not realizing there was an hour time difference...I arrived 25 minutes late. Luckily the paper printed my start time as 8:30pm so it all worked out in the end. I cannot stress enough how CHARMING the patrons were or how gracious the venue. I am so glad to have played the 8th Street Coffeehouse and for those of you still wanting to buy CDs when none were left in the car *smile* please order online and I'll give you a discount! Happy Holidays!