Thursday, September 2, 2004

Books, books & music

Music: NPR
Book: Devil in the White City - Erik Larson

I forgot to mention that I finished "The Automatic Millionaire" by David Bach and found it wonderful. I felt good reading it because my parents had already drilled into my brain about certain savings and retirement planning. It was a pat on the back so to speak. However, much of it was new information that I recently put into works. Stocks, bonds, money market, mortgage, charities - you name it, he talks about it (but without talking down to the reader)

I'm almost finished with Larson's book about the World's Fair in 1893 - scary! Great read. A friend and I are going to see Sarah McClahlan (sp?) at Xcel on Saturday night (I'm expecting better than Chicks with Attitude from last week) The state fair still beckon so it will be squeezed in at some point in time this weekend.