Thursday, November 27, 2003

Turkey Day and shows and stuff

Last night I played BOOM for a benefit. Fabulous crowd and wonderful people. The evening started out on a rotten note because while we were loading in some people stole a bunch of my CD's. Unbelievable. My only thought was that bad karma would probably kick them in the ass every time they listened to my stolen CD's. I was still happy to do the show and felt great about the night. Tina was up after me but we couldn't stay to listen because Mr. Manager and I were headed off to First Avenue to see Ike Reilly! He's funny and strange and talented, plus he played the favorite songs first. That rarely happens. I didn't stay as long as anticipated though because, even with ear plugs, the music was loud enough to wake the dead. My body is still beating to the rhythm of the bass 16 hours later.

I just returned from Thanksgiving brunch celebrated with friends at the local tavern. Good times, good times. Also, I just received word that my college buddy Ann (aka McCondom) got engaged at the top of the Empire State Building. Wild. So, an eventful couple of days and this week proves to be busy and enjoyable. Kyle Vincent and I kick off the mini-tour in Chicago on Friday night at UnCommon Ground playing with Anne E Dechant. This is gauranteed to be a beautiful start to the holiday season. I'm forgoing a trip to Madison to meet up with a gifted photographer to take care of things on the home front this weekend, but I promise that my next CD will showcase stunning photos by the lovely and talented Faith Brown of Phoenix, Arizona.

Happy Thanksgiving.