Friday, November 28, 2003

Music

New guitar strings always make for a beautiful night of playing music. And and even better night for making music. As a result, I'm desperate to record as soon as possible. Hearing myself reminisce through song about my life is all well and good but putting something solid down in hard copy is quite an accomplishment. Studios, CD's, recording - music suddenly becomes authentic. It makes my music real in a way live music never can. Vice versa too, recording will never give me the same satisfaction as playing live. Go figure. I have a piano player, a bass player and of course, my own voice and guitar. But I can't decide what else to do...get a drummer? Hire a percussionist? Or take my chances doing another acoustic. I feel the urge to grow though - so my search for a beat begins.