Thursday, May 29, 2003

BOOM

Last night I played at Boom with some new faces. It turned out to be an interesting hodge podge of music, style and personality. The bar was packed so the music was slightly drowned out by the chatter but enough people were listening and appreciating the music to make it all worth while. Hattie handled sound instead of hitting the mic, but it was still wonderful to chat and catch up. Tracy Johnson was lovely as usual and the perfect host for a great Spring night of music. After leaving Boom I had a craving for McDonalds so we stopped for a McChicken and fries - not a wise choice, it didn't mix to well with Jack Daniels, no dinner and a smokey bar. I'm feeling much better today though!

I heard from a friend across the country this morning and it made my day. Staying in touch is great but there's always something special about a chance encounter or a random crossing of paths that brings people back together - almost fate I guess. I love that stuff...

Happy birthday to my sister Nicole. Cheers Chica!

Also, don't forget I'm a finalist for Local Legend in the Grain Belt beer contest. Starting Monday, June 2nd go to www.grainbelt.com and vote for Anne Deming. I'm going to bug you about this for the next 7-10 days...