Tuesday, December 31, 2002

So sleepy

I'm rather tired this morning, but last night was worth the heartache. Another fabulous evening at Mayslacks in Northeast Minneapolis. That place is wonderful...the Twin Cities in a nutshell actually. Energetic, appreciative patrons, tasty food and fabulous jack & gingers : )

I arrived a bit late as I was finishing the whole beer bottling at Vine Park...nasty business, but I'm sure I'll recover. Rena Haus had just hit the stage when I arrived so I was able to hear most of her set. She's full of heart. A true folk/blues songstress who plays from her soul...I loved every single song. Mary Cutrufello was next....Bruce Springstein's long lost sister. Straight rock and roll. You have to see it to believe it. Molly Maher was absolutley charming and I have to say she's probably the most knowledgable guitar goddess in the whole damn state. I adore playing Mayslacks and I want to thank Paul Metsa for putting the whole Chick's Rule Series together. Thank you also to Jessica and Rick who brought down a slew of friends to check out some new music. You guys made my night!

Have a safe ad happy new year...I'll be at First Ave...