Monday, October 7, 2002

Home

So, I'm back home again and I'm trying to catalog everything that happened on the road. Zhedos Cafe was wonderful, quiet, attentive, warm...all the things you hope any one person in the audience can be and here it was an entire group. I hope to head back sometime soon, but also stop into Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor maybe. I lived near Detroit when I was in Kindergarden until 4th grade, some neighbors from 15 years ago showed up to say hello and it absolutely made my week!

I have a ton of songs to write that are simply floating around in my head at the moment, but I've been driving so much or playing live that there hasn't been time to purge it all out : )

I raced back to Minneapolis to catch Edie Carey and Melissa Ferrick at the 7th Street Entry on Saturday night. Tired and elated I soaked up the music and tried not to get squashed by the energetic, and disturbingly talkative audience crowded into the small room. The show was interesting and I made it home in time to actually sleep on my on pillow for a change instead of passing out in the foyer, which was definitely an attractive option.

St. Cloud was last night; it was a beautiful venue with sweet supportive patrons. Damn this is a good year.