Friday, June 30, 2006

Holiday

Music: Joe Cocker
Book: Light in Shadow - no idea it was a discount book at Borders

Happy Holiday weekend as we celebrate July 4th. I enjoyed the Tom Petty concert at Xcel way too much this week. His songs are cute and catchy - I don't even own a CD, but I knew everything he played! And to experience 18,000 people singing along with a performer on stage is a unique event. He didn't do a single thing except stand there with a guitar in hand in front of the mic (oh wait, he shook a morraca spelling?? for a song) But he was enchanting - no fake enthusiasm or "Hello Saint Paul!" crap. Just honest to goodness music. Quite a treat.

Things keep falling into place for the September 29th live recorded show at the Mabel Tainter - I can't wait! Chadly and I have a few rehearsals planned as we roll out a bit of new music and....I think that's about it. Have a safe and happy holiday.