Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I'm only happy when it rains

Music: Michael Campbell
Book: technical trading online - Roth & How to settle an estate - Leimberg

I was asked to be an executor (female version is called the executrix - just found that out) for someone's estate in the unfortunate event that something happens to her/her family. Thought I should read up on the duties. Interesting stuff. I'm fighting a terrible cold at the moment. My voice is gone and I cough every time I breath in air. Not a good sign. Not exactly sure how I'm going to perform a show at the Wine Cafe this Friday night, but I'm toughing it out and sucking on cough drops. So sad. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have a charity gripe. Maybe this only happens to me or maybe only the charities I support BUT each time I send someone money, within days - damn near light speed - I receive a thank you note with an envelop for another donation along with a request to possibly INCREASE my donation amount. First off, that seems like a waste of money to send me a letter. I want my money to help the charity NOT send thank you notes to make me feel better. But it doesn't make me feel better at all when instead of feeling "thanked" I feel cheated and sad. Was my initial contribution so minute that they thought it necessary to send me a note urging me to dig deeper into my purse? Or is that just standard and if so, how terrible to think that one person can give $50 and another can give $5000 and both are asked within a week to "give a little more". Maybe I'll start dontaing anonymously. Afterall, we don't really contribute to charity for the tax write-off. At least I hope that's the case. We give to GIVE. Somehow it all seesm a bit crazy. Must blow my nose...