Tuesday, April 5, 2005

Rain?

Music: Damien Rice
Book: Jenny & the Jaws of Life

Finished "No Escape" by Lowell...so-so follow up book to her page turner: "When the Storm Breaks". After seeing "Closer" (excellent movie by the way) I've had Rice's song "Blower's Daughter" in my head which forced me to locate the lost CD and play the damn song over and over again. I thought it was nice before but I have this movie reel playing in my mind along with the music now and it's made it somehow addictive. I'm having some work done on the house this week. I'm rather useless with anything other than a paintbrush ( and a guitar of course) so I'm loving the assistance. I'm not moving into the vein of political songwriting by any means but I am taking an opportunity to write about my perceptions of being. A lot of things strike me as odd lately so I'm just getting it off my chest. Should be interesting once Chadly gets ahold of the songs *smile*. My mac'n'cheese lunch is awful, but I don't feel like braving the outdoors...I'll suck it up and go work out instead.