Thursday, February 10, 2005

Gigging

Music: none
Book: Sense of Evil - Kay Hooper

Played First Ave last night for Pastor Paul's showcase charity event. Many, many people there just like last year, but the sound was a little off. It's always fun to play the main stage but I feel bad when things are rushed and out of my control (musically speaking of course). I finished reading "pope joan" - great historical fiction, plus I've been fascinated by the legend since the first mention of a supposed female pope. Plans are finalized for heading south at the end of the month. I'm truly looking forward to hitting the carolinas and alabama, atlanta etc...

I MUST get back to songwriting! I've been so frustrated with my inability to finish all these songs I started over the winter. Nora Roberts (romance writer) says, "I can fix a bad page, but I can't fix a blank one" Maybe I need to take that approach and just start finishing songs and then I'll go back to re-work them later.

Valentine's day approaches and I have no gift for my honey...what to do? what to do? Any ideas?

It's the Coffee Hag in Mankato on Friday night and Bryant Lake Bowl in Minneapolis on Sunday night - please come out to share the music with me and Chadly *smiles*