Monday, September 30, 2002

The weekend

Still not feeling like my cheery self (sniffles and stuff) but I'll recover shortly I'm sure. The blues show was running a bit behind at First Ave on Friday night so we only caught Cooker John opening before we had to leave for another engagement. Good show though. I've only enjoyed Cooker's CD so this was the first live show. He was actually set to play for my CD release last year, but a family emergency came up so Genie Dodd's sweetly took up the slack and joined us on stage.

Yesterday was spent in St. Cloud promoting the Rachel Gaudry/Anne Deming show, scheduled for Sunday, October 6th. KVSC has a neat women in music program called "sisters" which I was invited to sit through with Nicole (DJ) and Rachel who called in from Boston. Radio scares me at the same time that it entices. I have an enormous respect for people who have the ability to sound natural and confident with every breath on the air. I had fun though.

I'm not really looking forward to 1300 miles of driving this week, but I'm excited for the shows.

Bye for now...

Anne