Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday

Music: Tom Waits
Book: Memory Keeper's Daughter

Reading a book for book club...we meet on Thursday. I've been glued to my iPod for the past 36 hours...I can't leave. Haven't exactly figured out to shower with it yet but I'll figure it out. I have decided after much deliberation that one of the most perfect songs ever written is "Crawl" by Hattie Peterson. It is glorious and haunting. No matter how many times I listen to her play acoustic the lyrics slip through my blood and the only action is to play the song over again. I can't stand when it is over. Buddy and Julie Miller are also on my hot list of songwriters that the world is better off for having known. It's been very quiet as I listen to songs and figure out what new cover tunes I would like to learn. Mr. Husband pointed out that I tend to write morbid songs so my conver tunes - if any - need to be happy or at least a little rocking so that the melodramatic feel of the show doesn't overwhelm or depress my audience. *smile* No harm no foul.