Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Snow snow snow

Music: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Book: Stocks, in good times and bad

I wasn't going to post, but I feel compelled - the Sinead O'Connor concert at First Avenue this past Monday could possibly be the hugest disappointment of me entire life. I have been a fan since I first heard Lion and the Cobra. She was an explosion into songwriting and political chaos. I have every album Sinead ever put out and quite a few bootlegs. So it is with a heavy heart that I confess my frustration during Monday night's concert. Terrible...TERRIBLE, it was absolutely terrible. Her voice is remarkably strong and fluid, but she didn't acknowledge the audience one bit. The music she is currently promoting is not my favorite - reggea - but if the artist believes in it then I can give it a shot; however, O'Connor sang to the floor for an hour and the moment her vocals were done within each song, she sat her ass down on the stage or a drum kit and stared off into space. I'm thinking sound check would have been a better respresentation of Sinead than the unenthused artist who sang to First Ave earlier this week. It hurts to think about the concert. My musical idol has fallen off her throne and I'm more than a little heartbroken about it.

In other news, I finally jumped on the iopd boat and look forward to listening to some books on tape.Mall of America shows starting tomorrow evening at 5 o'clock sharp! Free concerts too!